Monday, February 24, 2014

A Doraemon Blanket This Time?!

When I picked up a little last spring, I technically went crazy making his pillow and blanket. Took me thirty two hours to hand sewn the Mamegoma seal, the character from San-X. I started on his blanket with the same concept, but I didn't finish it in time but it turned out really nice.
It was so early my brain had stop functioning!!
and so the progress of the blanket begins
I ended up tracing and cutting out everything, for I want it to be the same font and size.
After placing everything in place kinda lol
I hate hot gluing so everything was hand sewn, the blanket was no exception, though I did use the glue gun to keep things in place so it would have not shift.
Since just the white fleece was too think and plus it looked so messy on the back a second layer was a must.
I choose pink and he'll learn to love it :)
The bottom of it was still so plain cause I left room for a quote, something my little throws around frequent, also and inside joke we've created or I like to think so.
People told me that I have already done so much and I should just end it there, but it just didn't feel nor looked right to me.
Finally the finished product with all the side knotted.

So my question is should I make another one, for myself this time?!
Doraemon or sticking to San-X duckling hmmmmm
With all the different faces of his.
I too deserve something nice!!!!!!!
Maybe this time I should just cut all the piece out and have my mom run it under the machine, cause I don't know if I would want to spend a whole quarter on it.

No comments:

Finally a Tree (follow up)

FINALLY I HAVE GRADUATED!!! Such bittersweet moments, the pros and cons are endless, but in the mean time let's just focus on the pro...