Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Recycle a tshirt

A while back I wrote about my two goldfishes and how I painted them on my shirt, been two years ago almost three, I still have another extra white large t-shirt from then. At that moment in time I had already cut the sleeves off of. I thought that I messed up on the cut so I have abandon the shirt for a while with my jackets that I don't wear anymore, till I did some sorting this past weekend.
Without anything further to do let's begin.

So what do you need?!
1) any t-shirt really, recycle a t, doesn't have to be new
2-3) fabric paint of your choice and paint brush(s)
4) pen to draw the outline
5) your imagination?! know what you want on it
6-7) paper clips and cardboard to keep in place and not bleed through the other layer
8) iron, never forget the IRON


I just went ahead and found a picture that I like, which is a skull. I wasn't sure if I was aiming to cut the shirt up some more so when you wear a different color underneath you'll see the design or just paint it on with fabric paint. But I decided to paint non the less.
~
Not so long for screen printing close t-shirts, that was a pain in the butt. Thanks to Connie and Alvin for not abandon and throwing all the duties onto me cause I was not obligated to paint them.
But I swear I told myself that I never touch fabric paint again, well you know what I lied!!!!
So here was the picture I picked, I got lazy and I really did not want to draw this by hand. So I cheated and traced it onto the t.
Just blew the picture up really large on the screen, or monitor.
You can see the pen marks of the sketch, it took about fifteen minutes to draw. 
Don't even worry about the pen marks because it doesn't have to be perfect cause you be painting over it, one to either cover the lines, two just smooth out the curves as you paint.
After that you just paint away.
This took me two hours to paint in total. Not bad if you ask me. 
Got myself a new muscle t-shirt.
I did this as a relaxation project, but there would have been more stress if I had messed up ; ^ ;

How I wear it?!
It is rather large on me, but I how I like to wear it is that when I'm wearing shorts I rather just let it hover over, same with leggings. If I wear it with jeans, I would tuck in the front and let the rest flow down.
Love t match it with the gradient anywhere from white to black, or just give it a pop of neon, absolutely stunning!!!
More pics on how I wear it to come.

IRON IT!!!!!
Don't forget that for fabric paint you must iron over before washing it, don't make the mistake I made two and a half years ago. It was rather a sad moment in the time and effort I put in. So don't let it get wet until you iron.
Just read the labels and you'll be fine as long as you follow it.

No comments:

Finally a Tree (follow up)

FINALLY I HAVE GRADUATED!!! Such bittersweet moments, the pros and cons are endless, but in the mean time let's just focus on the pro...