Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Recycled Transformation

It was the first time in my life that I had tried to deco a case with rhinestones. Although I was super excited, the mistake that I made was that I was way to focus on making the Hello Kitty bow to be the actual shape. By doing that I ended up shifting up all the rhinestone everywhere, none of them click and follow the linear pattern.
 
It been two years since I had this same case, and you know what it's time for a new.

I ended up just recycled my Belkin case. So what I ended up doing was I took a razor blade and just start slipping it between the case and rhinestone, cutting the glue.
But you can always buy a new case, I just didn't have the patients to do so, the whole waiting for shipping xD

With all the rhinestone being removed. I gave the case a good sanding to obtain the smooth surface.
Instead of just sticking to rhinestones, and creating a gradient of red, pink and white. I remember that I had a skull necklace with an ornate frame. I personally did not like the skull so I literally knock the center out with a hammer.

This second time around I wanted picked out pink rhinestones. I was not going to settle the rhinestones not being align therefore I had taped down the case, and start gluing lines of rhinestones in straight lines.
The most difficult about deco-ing is when you hit the corners and it's not a perfect or even the edges, but you just got to move on. After all the rhinestones are align, the only last thing was to pick out the center piece, the picture.
Hooray!! it's complete. I ended up picking out a an old picture which is super meaningful to me.
She, my mom, will now always be with me everywhere I go :}

No comments:

Finally a Tree (follow up)

FINALLY I HAVE GRADUATED!!! Such bittersweet moments, the pros and cons are endless, but in the mean time let's just focus on the pro...