Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kusudama Ornaments

There are so many tutorials out there that already that will show you step by step on how to fold and glue the kusudama ball together. So I will not even try to do that, for Folding Tree has a really detailed instructions going on.
Though when I started to fold them and then gluing they were really dense and that was the part that really annoyed me. 
To just have one kusudama ball you need 60 sheets of origami paper. The end results are pretty, but I feel like I could have gotten more out of my folds. So I decided to cut mine into three. 
I had all sixty sheets folded into one another (individual flower petals) color cordinated so I know the color scheme I had.
There I had six kusudama going, but since I said I cut the petals into three, giving me three different sizes.
Because I had the petals cut before assembling you can see that the ball is less dense cause it is hollow. 
Once I had finished all the folding, cutting, gluing. This is the result, and I must say I am very happy with how it turned out. Though I gave it all away to the bae.
 I had to package them and head out to Sacramento.
We barely got to hang these ornaments onto the ceiling and from what we had gotten up it looks amazing with the Christmas light going in the background.
This is what it looked like when we I had them hanging at my apartment.

No comments:

Finally a Tree (follow up)

FINALLY I HAVE GRADUATED!!! Such bittersweet moments, the pros and cons are endless, but in the mean time let's just focus on the pro...